1. Try Different Perspectives - Taking multiple shots from different angles while focusing on the main aspects of a room will help you capture the best photos. You will also have a variety of images to choose from afterwards.
2. Use Correct Lighting - The goal is to make sure your photos are balanced with light and that there are no over or under-lit spots. Make good use of the natural light that is available inside, turn off lamps, play with shades, and test out the different types of lighting until you get a nice natural look in the shot. Natural and soft light is the best for interior photography and can usually be achieved during early morning or late afternoons.
3. Use A Wide Angle Lens - Using a wide angle lens for smaller rooms such as bathrooms can be very useful when trying to capture the entire setting.
4. Stage Your Shots - Make room in the area so that the photos look clean and organized. Less clutter will provide you with better professional looking photos. Rearrange accessories to focus on certain areas within the shot. Got empty rooms? Use www.virtualhousestaging.com
5. Keep Your Photos Straight - To prevent blur in your images, use a solid tripod and test out a timer to prevent any shaking and blurring. You want to make sure your photography is sharp and within focus.
6. Know Your Aperture - If you are shooting close-ups or focusing on certain objects in a space, it is very important to know how to use your aperture. The smaller your aperture number, the shallower your depth of field. The larger your aperture, the more in focus and sharp everything will be within the photo.
More about aperture here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture
To become a professional virtual tour photographer, you will need to invest time into learning both the basics and advanced skills but the more you photograph, the better you will become. Keep testing out different methods and settings until you are familiar with your camera and the presets that work best for you and your photography. Have fun!
Virtual Tour Software & Digital Marketing Training
Sphere: Related Content